- Establish an implementation team (typically an aggregate lead, school principal and literacy lead) to set school goals and ensure staff receive the support they need for effective program implementation;
- Establish a Professional Learning Circle (or Community) to provide sufficient time for personalized professional learning, goal setting, and progress monitoring;
- Ensure a minimum 120-minute literacy block for Kindergarten through to Grade 3 students;
- Embrace a skill-based, rather than a grade-based, approach to classroom instruction;
- Support web application use and internet access for classroom teachers.
The initial three years of program implementation are considered ‘Capacity Building’ years, with enhanced professional development and support from The Learning Bar staff to ensure a successful implementation. Subsequent to that, schools may choose to move to a ‘Continuous Improvement’ program track when less intensive professional development and implementation support is required.Sign up for our Newsletter or contact us us to find out more.